Riding With Olivia is Lower Hutt’s Chapter Of Cycling Without Age
Cycling Without Age Facts
- Invented in 2012 in Copenhagen
- Active chapters in 39 countries
- Starting up in 20 countries
- 3,050 chapter locations
- 4,900 trishaws
- 39,000 trained cycle pilots
- Over 3 million rides and over 650,000 people served
- Oldest pilot is 90 (Jørgen Hass, Denmark)
- Oldest passenger Pauline Angleman, 110 from California (sharply followed by youngster Edith Green, 108, from Bournemouth)
Can a trishaw ride change the world? Sustainable development goals ↗
The Lower Hutt Chapter of Cycling Without Age is a registered charitable trust that was established in January 2023 to provide a living and dynamic memorial to Olivia Marchant, who passed away the year before.
Cycling Without Age is a non-profit organisation connecting those unable to ride for themselves with their community and the outdoors by providing free rides on trishaw ebikes piloted by volunteer cyclists.
Cycling Without Age Lower Hutt does not want cost to be a barrier to experiencing the joy and inclusiveness of our trishaw rides. For our services to remain sustainable, we welcome financial support in the way of tax-deductible donations and sponsorship opportunities.
It is fitting that our original trishaw is named Olivia.
Olivia is a Triobike model, dubbed as a couch on wheels.
The Triobike is ergonomically designed to be practical and stylish. It has a spacious and comfortable passenger seat with a very relaxed sitting position.
- Wilson family
- List family
- Watson family
- Simmonds family